July 2, 2015

"...AND ON THE SIXTH DAY, GOD CREATED MANchester."

Although I never really liked England, that year I pondered a bit: be honest to yourself. How good do you know England at all ? Having been there two times with my school for a week at best was not really productive. If at all the trip gave me (us) a small glimpse and more somewhat like a feeling of "knowledge" about the country then a real deep insight and interest.
So I felt a bit ound in honour to make a call on the small island and since it is sensible to give everyone and everything a second chance (because the first experience might have been a mistaken one) I decided to give England a second chance as well. Indeed ladies, indeed gentlemen I changed my mind about that country quite a bit nevertheless I barely spend 10 days there.
Of course my opinion changed mostly because I stayed with different people ranging in age and also because I had time to explore on my own.



Only now looking through the photos I realized that I didn´t take a single picture of London itself which somehow seems surprisingly but on the other hand contents me a lot.
You can´t deny the fact of beeing a tourist despite travelling very alternative and so of course one tends to photograph everything he sees.
I trie to pull myself back ( which works pretty good) by asking some simple questions:
Will this photo be still interesting if I zap the folder in 5 or lets say even 10 years ? Does this picture mean anything to me really ? Does it remind me of something special ? Or can it even transfer something to others - a certain message - a simple connection between your emotions and the ones taken on the photo ?
...
My personal demands concerning the world. Never mind  ;)



Give everything a second chance.
Rethink.
Enjoy.

















 This is 100% Eugene Hutz ( Gogol Bordello )








No comments:

Post a Comment