December 28, 2013

"... where you come from and where you wanna go this time"

Tell me lover are you lonely
The thing we need is
 
Never all that hard to find

                  RHCP


I did not really know what is going to await me in this mystical place called “Makvaerket” and I have to admit that I was confused and …once more confused when I arrived there. “Cultural and environmental collective” they call it.
A huuuge factory or better to say the left overs of a huuuuuuuuuuge factory which was closed in the 80s and where now (mostly) young people live and rebuilt the place.
I arrived and was given a tour through the factory. The first time you walk from one hall into another and into the next one and into another …you immediately know : I´m lost if I have to find my way back to one of the rooms on my own ! Especially at night !
But after some days of exploration and curiosity you have a quite a
dequate map of the building in your head.
We were about 12 people which varies depending on the season.

Same as in the first place you work from breakfast until about 4 with a meal in between.

But even after several days I could not understand one thing : Where is the boss ? Who is the head of all this? Show me the “responsible” person !?

You know, what the answer was ?
There is no boss ! It´s Anarchy !
And you know what´s so awesome about that place? The System - IT WORKS !
Everyone I saw there felt responsible for the good of the others. You were just “ thrown ” into the system and had to adjust ( which is absolutely not difficult ). Everyone participates in the daily jobs : Dumpster diving , making dinner , chopping wood … Everyone has a voice. Everyone is equal.

It became dark and cold pretty early (about 4pm ).
So in the evenings everyone met in the community room/ living room waiting for dinner, sleeping, chatting, reading ( or whatever you were up to do ) and of course warming at the oven =) .
Often we watched movies, had long discussions , just sat together listening to great music and watching the stars with a glass of red wine or… celebrated Hanukkah :)) .
Again I could not resist to use the energy given to me by this place and the people from all around the world I met there to make some kind of art.
The result : A collage and a mosaic table ( pictures below ).

In the end I don´t know how all that sounds to you – but my humble self knows : I want to return to that place !

Thanks Makvaerket , Copenhagen people and Denmark in general !

And now dear Ladies & Gentleman , Friends and lovely Strangers another country is waiting to be observed and admired.
So Shalom, Arrivederci & Miau ;)!

P.S.: Here is another reference/ report about Makvärket by a super nice couple I met there.

My mosaic table - Thanks Ides ! :)



the Collage




  
The free-shop
- Give what you want
- Take what you want












How the evenings ended :)





just a small part of the rescued food  !







                         

No comments:

Post a Comment